ZEIT Wall Clock Manual Calibration
Calibration is the process of aligning the hands of your clock which can fix problems resulting with incorrect time being displayed. A number of events can cause calibration problems such as physical abuse during shipping.
1. Insert the battery. Wait 3 seconds.
2. Remove the battery, then put it back in reverse. This will clear out the clock's memory. Wait 3 seconds.
3. Re-insert the battery the correct way. After a few moments, the clock should begin ticking very slowly.
4. Now press and hold onto the lined tab (10-15 seconds) on the back of the wall clock until the second hand starts moving quickly. Then, let go.
5. Wait until all of the hands align to nearly 12 o'clock.
6. Insert a Pin into the small hole on the back of the clock. (below the lined tab and above the battery as shown in diagram) This will hold the internal settings to 12 o'clock even.
7. Unscrew the 6 screws that hold the wood or plastic rim of the clock. Carefully remove the lens as well.
8. Adjust all of the hands to 12 o'clock exactly.
9. Replace the lens and screw the rim back on.
10. Remove Pin
11. Repeat battery operations 1-3.
12. Set your time zone.
Your clock should start ticking very slowly (one second for every three seconds) and will now search for the WWVB time signal and set itself. It is recommended that you place the clock in a window facing Colorado to help reception. The clock may stop periodically while spinning around to check itself. This is normal. It will then proceed to the correct time. Signal reception can take anywhere from 5 minutes to several days, so please be patient with this clock.